Having a woodland management plan is essential for ensuring that your land is the best it can be. I’ll work with you to develop and implement a plan that will set you on the road to better management.
Woodland Management Plan Benefits:
- Can qualify your land for an agricultural property tax rate.
- A timeline for future timber harvests and cash flows
- Provides a framework for improving woodland health and value
- Determines the activities necessary for achieving other goals you may have such as wildlife habitat enhancement, visual appeal, etc.
- Informs you of the management limitations and opportunities presented by your land.
The scope of each plan depends on the goals you have for your property and the level of detail desired.
Note: To qualify for the reduced agricultural tax rate, your forestry plan is not required to be written by the NC Forest Service/SC Forestry Commission.
Related Land & Timber Notes
- Property Enhancement Checklist
- Thinning Pine for Profit, Health, and Wildlife
- Timber Harvest Types
- Good Boundaries Make Good Neighbors
- Woodscaping for Wildlife
- 10 Guaranteed Ways To Lose Money Managing Land and Timber
- Map Interpretation Part 1–Topographic Maps
- Estimating and Understanding Forest Soil Productivity
- Leasing Your Land For Hunting